To all parents/guardians of prom attendees:
We are all excited to share in the Prom Celebrations with our student on Thursday, June 23rd, at the Holy Heart of Mary. As the time gets closer, we would like to encourage our students to make safe and positive decisions. Prom is a time when many pressures can be placed upon the graduates and it is critical that they understand their choices and their implications. We are requesting parents to partner with us and the Prom and Safe Grad committees to support students in making positive and healthy decisions. This helps to ensure that this is both a safe and enjoyable event for students.
Your expectations for your students play a vital role in their positive decision-making.
We would especially like to encourage you to model healthy choices and let students know that you are there for them should they need any help. Students may feel pressured by their peers to make unsafe choices, but we need to help them to make decisions about which they will feel proud. Students have come this far because they have made many good choices – let’s all help them to continue on this path.
Please note that the only Prom events sanctioned and supported by the school are the Prom and the subsequent Safe Grad which follows at the school. These events are all planned and delivered by volunteer parents and teacher volunteers. Please respect the time and energy that this has taken.
These are drug and alcohol free events for everyone, including graduates, parents/guardians, and guests. Please note that anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be denied access to the Prom or Safe Grad.
We will have staff and outside agencies checking students at the meet and greet and the school portion of the prom. Any violation of the above will result in student being told to leave the event for its duration and may result in them not being able to participate in Cap and Gown in December.
Any other student activities organized outside of Prom and Safe Grad are not school-sponsored events. Parents and guardians should be aware that providing alcohol to minors, or allowing minors to consume alcohol in your home, is illegal and has consequences. There are many risks associated with drug and alcohol use, especially amongst young people and we urge you to help prevent a senseless tragedy.
Thank you for everything you have done to make this a special time for our students. With your positive input, we can make this a safe and enjoyable event for everyone involved.
2015-2016 yearbook orders are now being taken. The cost of a yearbook is $40 and order forms can be picked up at the office. The deadline for submission of orders is Wednesday, June 15. Completed order forms and money can be submitted to the office
Volunteers are needed for the following activities:
– decorating the first floor. This will begin on Monday evening, June 20 and up to Wednesday, June 22.
– supervision on the night of the safe grad. If you can lend a hand at any time from 11:30 pm onward it would be greatly appreciated! -clean up committee. Events such as these require a huge clean- up effort. Clean- up will begin at 7 am on Friday, June 24.
Donations of the following items will be gratefully accepted:
– granola or cereal bars, chips, Gatorade
-gift cards for fast food, gas, retail purchases
-muffins/croissants, bananas, apples (to be dropped off the day before)
Any non- perishable items can be dropped off at the office over the next 2 weeks.
The committee will be meeting on Wednesday, June 8 and June 15 at 7 pm if you would like to attend
Congratulations to Shelley Hodg, who had the winning ticket for the NL Basket in support of Men In Black! Thank you to everyone who bought a ticket and supported our initiative.”
To gain valuable information on semesterisation at Holy Heart, the Department of Education is seeking student feedback. Please take a few minutes to complete the below.
The link to the student survey is: http://fluidsurveys.com/s/hhsemesterstudent1516/
MONDAY JUNE 13 3:30 PM
TUESDAY JUNE 14 3:30 PM
WEDNESDAY JUNE 15 3:30 PM
THURSDAY JUNE 16 4:30 PM
FRIDAY JUNE 17 3:30 PM
MONDAY JUNE 20 4:30 PM
TUESDAY JUNE 21 12:30 PM
WEDNEDAY JUNE 20 12:30 PM
Friday, May 20th will be a professional development day for staff. As such, there will be no classes for students.
- The plans for this year’s prom are well underway! Our Graduation Committee has been working hard to ensure all the details are in place to make the night a success. But we wanted to make sure you are aware of some details.
- On Thursday June 23rd, 2016 Holy Heart will make a trip back in time and explore the Roaring Twenties
- The events are as follows: (approximate)
- Meet and Greet: Brother Rice- 6:00pm-7:00pm
- Dinner: Holy Heart Gym 7:00pm-8:30pm
- Speeches, Awards, Slideshow, etc: Holy Heart Theatre 8:30pm- 10:00pm
- Dance: HHM Gym 10:00pm-11:00pm
- Safe Grad: Holy Heart- First Floor/Theatre 11:30pm-5:00am (doors close at 12:30am)
- Tickets for graduates are available in the main office at lunch only (12-1) from May 16- 27. Anyone bringing a guest outside the graduating class to the event/meal there is a cost of $60. Tickets can only be picked up/ purchased at this time as students are doing this and will be in class other times.
Table seating arrangements sheets are also available during this time and must be submitted by May 27th as well. Tables can accommodate 8 people.
All students that are currently registered in English 1201, English 2201, or English 3201 are REQUIRED to complete a Listening Exam at 9:00am on Tuesday, May 31st as instructed by the Department of Education.
The Listening Component is worth 10% of a students grade.
If a student misses the public exam English 3201 Listening portion, then the exam will still be scored out of 100%, with a 10% omission, the most a student could score therefore, is 90%. A student may request a supplementary exam in August ONLY as there is no opportunity to do this before then.
If a student misses the English 1201 or English 2201 Listening portion, a medical note is required to be excused.
Punctuality is essential as we are required to start this at 9:00am promptly. Students arriving late will not permitted to enter the class.
Easter 2017 EF Tour – Central European Quartet
There is be a meeting for students and parents interested in traveling on the Easter 2017 Central European Quartet Tour on Monday, May 2, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. in the Credit Recovery Center at HHM. Parents of students already enrolled and new or interested students and parents are welcome to attend. For more information please check our tour link below.
- Online Gallery
- Virtual Teacher Centre
- Memorial University
- College of the North Atlantic
- NL English School District
- IB @ Holy Heart
- Feature Film - Unwanted
- Heart and Soul - 50 Years of Excellence
- Twitter and Facebook at Heart
- Powerschool Login
- Community Agencies For Youth
- Bus Schedules - 2015/2016
- HHM Volunteers
- The Heartbeat News
- Level 1 Course Selection Sheet - 2016/2017
- Level 2 & 3 Course Selection Sheet - 2016/17
- Student Transfer Request Form
- June 2016 Final Exam Schedule
- Career Development Career Sheet